Vilmorin-Mikado, part of Limagrain international seed group, is a Franco-Japanese seed producer that has specialized in developing, producing and selling vegetable seeds for professionals since 1743. Our wide range of unique, original seeds is distributed on five continents in more than 100 countries.
“Everywhere, closer to you”
Vilmorin-Mikado has more than 1,000 employees and recorded sales of €217 million in 2019-2020, of which 15% was entirely devoted to research. World leader in carrots and witloof chicory, Vilmorin-Mikado is also a major player in salads, tomatoes, sweet peppers, kabocha squashes, daikon radishes and bunching onions.
Reporting to the Europe Unit Managing Director, the Subsidiary Manager will be responsible to manage sales, the development and administrative activities of the subsidiary in Spain and Portugal.
Management & Strategy
- Set the strategic action plan of the subsidiary,
- Study, Define and realize a Mid Term Plan according to management and BU strategy
- Lead and support change management to develop operational excellence within perimeter
- Manage the subsidiary from an operational, financial and administrative perspective
- Interface with various departments as required (marketing, finance, etc…) and participate in projects at company level.
- Ensure compliance with safety and legal obligations; including responsibility for R&D sites located in Spain.
Operations & Development
- Develop the turnover and increase market shares
- Manage and guarantee the seeds supply chain, manage the stock and credit risks;
- Set the sales and P&L budget of the subsidiary;
- Manage, motivate and lead the sales-development and administrative teams
- Manage the internal and external communication
“Take this outstanding challenge, Make it happen !”
- Master Agri/Agro/Business + Experience (+5/7 yrs) in Agribusiness
- Seed knowledge & Management Excellence
- Spanish & English fluent
Europe Unit Member - Business Car - International Travels